My favorites from 2021

It was incredibly hard to narrow it down to six images, but here you go! It was quite a challenging year for us but we were still able to get out a fair amount and be creative. If you’d like to read more about our year and a lot see a lot more images I put together a blog post recapping 2021 https://www.davidkingham.com/gallery/2021/

5 Likes

David, those first two dune abstracts are awesome! The larger dune views are great as well with the brightness of the dune tops in the b&w view quite eye catching. The limited contrast of the trees in snow works well at turning into a near abstract.

1 Like

Love the abstractions, David. Also the black and white image of the dunes. Beautiful series.

1 Like

They’re all lovely! I especially like the mud, oil, and snow storm photos, because they are less literal and more abstract. Here’s hoping you and Jennifer have an “uneventful” 2022 (bah humbug to covid and truck breakdowns!).

2 Likes

David, although all are wonderful images I’ll go with the first two as at least my two favorites of the list. Admittedly I’m also really liking that one hard-rock canyon shot too. All slightly unique in their own right… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Love them all, David. But my absolute favorite is the snow scene in the trees. It gives it a painterly, soft look to the trees. And I love snow! Very beautiful images.

1 Like

All are wonderful and each special, but the trees in snow is my favorite!

1 Like

David,
All of these are quite lovely and certainly worthy of being favorites as I find them very striking. I have to say that my favorite is the last one with the trees during a snowstorm. It has a refreshing clean feel to it that freshly fallen snow brings; at least to me. I loved the additional images you included with your blog. It sounds as though you and Jennifer had a very stressful last couple of years as most of us have had. I hope you both keep plugging away in 2022 and hopefully Covid will start to wain a bit and let everyone get back to some sense of normalcy. What you both do to keep NPN up and running is appreciated by us all.

1 Like

I’m loving the first mud shot especially, and appreciate seeing your other selections (particularly the Yellowstone thermal that I will never get around to photographing in such a manner :wink:). Great work, David.

1 Like

Excellent collection, David. I think my favorites are the first golden dune image and the snowy trees. All are quite enjoyable. Hopefully I will see you in DV this winter.

1 Like

Your images show such a wonderful use of form and structure, David. Excellent work.

1 Like

Wow! Loving that third image of the dunes in color. The abstracts are beautiful as well but the trees in snow is so painterly and probably my second favorite. Digging that canyon shot as well.
Here to wishing that 2022 kicks 2020 and 2021 to the curb and we can get back to some semblance of normalcy. I know things have been tough but keep on keeping up with what you and Jennifer are doing. You are both very appreciated.

2 Likes

Love them all; if I could only pick one it would be the second one, with the oil. Thanks for this great site which helps us in so many ways.

1 Like

A geat collection of images! If I have to pick one it would be the black and white one.

1 Like

Hi David,

A very nice collection, but I especially like the black and white dune shot. It looks like an old classic photo that was tweaked to perfection in the dark room. Awesome shots…Jim

1 Like

A great collection of favorites David! Quite the variety of landscapes, from abstract to intimate to broad scenes and even a b&w! Excellent choices and really nice shots!

1 Like

Wonderful collection, David. My two favourites, however, are the first dune abstract and the “rainy trees” image. - just excellent.

1 Like

Very nice work David! All of the images are wonderful and I enjoyed viewing them.

1 Like

Thank you all for the wonderful comments! I’m hoping to be more active here in the community in 2022!

I commented on these on your FB page, but I have to say the first two abstracts knock my socks off!!!