My name is April, but I was born in October.

I live in the Eugene area of Oregon. I’m retired and got serious about photography just a few years ago. I’m non-professional. I love landscape photography and I’m particularly drawn to intimate landscapes and flowers. Abstracts found in nature are also intriguing. I’m always interested in seeing the work of other photographers and constructive (gentle) criticism is an excellent way to learn and grow.

2 Likes

April, welcome to NPN. I believe you have come to the right photography community to share your photography and learn from others as well as share your expertise in critiques. This is a fine first image. I know I have really learned much from this site over the years. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Welcome April, you have come to the right place. The photographers here are patient and helpful. They give constructive critiques and do not make you feel bad. I look forward to seeing your work and having you critique what I post…

Thanks, Brian. There will be a bit of a learning curve on how this all works, but I’m hopeful this will be a good place for me .

Thankyou, Shirley. As soon as I get this all figured out, I’m confident I’ll enjoy and learn from this site.

April, if you find you need any help, please ask and one of us will try to help you.

1 Like

Welcome, April. Nice to see another Oregonian on the site. I think we have pretty good representation, at least per capita. This is a great site and I’ve learned a lot, both by having my images critiqued, but also by critiquing others I learn what I like and what makes a photo pleasing. I like your post with the soft colors.

Hi, April. Good to see you here!

Thanks, Chris. I haven’t figured the site out yet but I’ll work on it. Glad to see you’re here too.

Thankyou, Allen. I’m sure I’ll enjoy the site once I get familiar with it. Like anything new, it will take a bit of time.

Hi April! Lovey photo - looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Welcome, April. I love the choice of focus on that plant above! Looking forward to seeing more of your photos.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, April. I really love the piece you included in your post - there’s something so calming about it, it’s quite lovely. I do hope you get plenty out of being here, as there are multiple opportunities to learn and grow as an individual and a photographer.

And just remember: even the criticism which doesn’t seem to be gentle, so long as well-meant and appropriate, can be plenty useful to get yourself in gear :slight_smile:

Thankyou, Cody. That’s good advice.

Hello April! I am new to this site as well. I am semi-retired and looking for dialogue with fellow photographers. I am an amateur and love wildlife photography but hoping to move on to long exposure landscape photography as I have more time on my hands.

I love your image posted … I did not know a sun flower bud could be so lovely and peaceful!

Hi Jennifer. Thanks for the message and nice comment about my image. I’m still trying to learn how to navigate this site, but confident I’ll eventually get comfortable with it. I’m easily frustrated with computer stuff. I’ll look forward to viewing your posts.

Welcome to NPN April! Love your quoted intro title… I’m guessing you’ve used that tag line most your life! :grin:

Looking forward to your images and participation! Jump right in, the water’s fine.

Lon

I got behind and just saw this post, so will add my welcome! This is a lovely image, with wonderful composition and soft light. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

And I love your title. I’m sure Mark Twain would have some pithy comment, starting, “Well, there you have it, …”

Hi April, welcome to NPN. I am a fellow Oregonian, retired, and also was born in October. I really like your first image here. I had some fun last summer with Sunflowers and the buds too. This one is really outstanding.

I hope to see more of your images here soon.

Cheers,
David