New growth

Image Description

I was sitting at the bird feeder for the first time in months when this new growth on the clematis caught my eye. It was waving in a stiff breeze so I settled for whatever AF would hit. (The rest of it is blooming out of its mind, climbing up a deck post, and frustratingly unphotographable, so it’s not exactly the first hint of spring.)

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

Really just a fun (and unplanned) catch for the challenge.

Technical Details

Just minimal LR tonal processing and no crop. Cloudy light.

Ah now this is gently refreshing. Curves and textures and a background to die for. I wonder if a tiny movement lower would put that horizontal leaf fully above the stem? Other than that, the energetic spray of leaves going out in all directions speaks to the springing forth of spring. Beautiful yellowy greens, too.

Thanks, @Kris_Smith. I shot about 15 frames during ever-so-slight lulls in the stiff breeze. Each had the leaves pushed around in different configurations and in most, focus didn’t hit any of the significant leaves. I might try to bring it or another new shoot inside and see if I can find a composition worth a focus stack.

I love clematis leaves (and blossoms!) but trying to make a nice image of them drives me nuts.