Norris Dam Rice Grist Mill

This mill is located in Norris Dam State Park near Rocky Top Tennessee. The mill was originally built in 1798 in Union County and move to this location in1938 by the TVA. I felt like I walked back in time when I saw this and entered the lower part of the building.

Specific Feedback Requested

I would like to return when fall color has arrived and any advice on getting a great capture is appreciated. Should I move closer, farther back, different angle, etc.

Technical Details

Canon 6dmkii hand held,
ISO 1000
Shutter 1/100
F-7.1
_0.7 exposure compensation to keep from blowing out mill highlights due to harsh sun
Canon 24-105 F4L @ 35mm

Here is an image cropped closer. Which one do you think works better? Thank you for your help. Brian

Hey Brian. Great images. I like them both for different reasons. The first one includes the setting so it provides perspective and scale. The second one provides the details. I think the work nicely in tandem.

Great work on the processing too. Awesome.

Brian, I will echo @David_Bostock point of views on the two images. Needless to say, the subject is a wonderful scene to work with and both are excellent perspectives… :sunglasses:

Thank you David and Paul for your feedback. Lot’s to learn here.