October Moon - Oak Tank Area JTNP

An October moon rise near the Oak Tank area of Joshua Tree NP.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Mamiya RB 67 ProSD - Mamiya 90mm - 2 stop soft grad - Velvia 50

2 Likes

Paul, this is excellent. A stunning image with a ton of dynamics. How long ago was this? Are you still shooting Velvia?

1 Like

Gorgeous scene and wonderful that you were able to record detail on the moon! The sky and rocks are so nice I don’t feel I need most of the FG, although it is a good lead-in.

1 Like

Thank you David. It was about 5 years ago now. Yes, I still use Velvia 50 in 120 roll & 4x5 sheet. Although, latest update from Fuji is that March 2023 all Velvia 50 sheet film will stop production. V-50 has been kicked around for numerous years with a death rattle. In fact, this version of the V-50 is second release as years back they had dropped V-50 to lack of certain material availability. However, the second version was a re-engineering and used different materials to obtain a similar look.

1 Like

What a beautiful scene, Paul. I love the lighting on the rocks, and the subtle lighting on the foreground plants. Haven’t been to this area of JTNP yet, but want to go there.

1 Like

Paul, this is lovely, with an outstanding balance of light on the land and brightness of the moon. The details in the shrubbery add well to pulling my eyes through the frame.

1 Like