Over root and thorn

On a solidly rainy day in the White Mountains in NH. I was hoping there would be enough flow to do some waterfall stuff (Champney Falls), but there wasn’t. Did a 3-mile out and back and was only happy with this shot. You can’t tell it’s raining, but it was. It made everything vibrant though and so I had to tame some of the color channels for this trail shot.

One thing I like to do if possible is find an anchor for a trailshot and this root with ferns did the trick. I also liked the slope on the right and so put the trail off center and got low and tight.

Specific Feedback Requested

Open to ideas for improvement.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Tripod and probably a CPL

over root an thorn

Lr for raw adjustments and some work with white balance, color calibration & saturation, radial and gradient filters to sculpt the light that was breaking through at the end of the trail.

@the.wire.smith

Wonderful! The roots and fern provided the perfect viewpoint! The 3 branches lead to the start of the trail and it leads to a place I want to explore! Lovely mix of fallen and green leaves.

I’m ready to join you!

Thanks @Diane_Miller & @JohnSnell - it’s funny, the walkway shot I posted for this week’s theme was also taken in the rain. A theme within a theme.