Palette Spring

This is superb, David. This is one of those images that literally sets you back on your heels, an image I could just sit back and soak in, exploring every fine detail. The changes you made were subtle but important. I agree with Igor on the left branches but I suspect this is only important on smaller versions; I think if this was 48" wide those same branches would be perfect. While the trees and branches and limbs are perhaps the eye catchers, I love the texture and subtle coloration too. To me, this image transcends photography into pure art. I hate making a statement like that because it gets into the old argument of whether photography is art or not. Well, some photography certainly should be classified as art, but my statement is meant to say this transcends that level of photography just like there are some paintings or drawings that transcends other paintings and drawings. This image rises to another level. Bravo.

Thank you Bruce, great to see you on NPN! I reworked another version based on this feedback and I think this puts the finishing touch on it, brilliant suggestion.

Thanks Gary, I gave this a try and you quickly lose the airy feel even though I was burning only the very darkest tones, itā€™s a touchy one to keep just the right feeling!

@Bill_Chambers wow, what can I say? That is the highest compliment one could receive in my opinion! Iā€™ve been striving to create images as you describe lately after many years of strife, so to hear this is fantastic. I, of course, donā€™t feel Iā€™m deserving of such high praise! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is really creative, David! I really like what youā€™ve done here! The subtle rework is my favorite version. :slight_smile: