Paper Thin 3.5

Sometimes you tend to do weird things. I was experimenting with this “Common Silverline” with 50MM Zeis, 12MM ext tube and the raynox. Trying to get that BG out of focus. Well…it was just about trying something out. This butterfly gave me about 30 minutes in cold and wet conditions.

6D2, 50 Zeiss, 12 Mm Ext, Raynox 250. ISO 400, F3.5, 1/4000

Balan Vinod

2 Likes

He is beautiful, Balan. I don’t think I have ever seen a Common Silverline before, so I am enjoying him. Wonderful colors. You are not kidding, paper thin DOF, for sure. But, you pulled it off, the sharpness is where it needs to be. I am curious why you had the shutter speed set at 1/4000, if that is correct and not a typo? Or were you just trying for the f3.5 to get the paper thin DOF, and you had to bump the shutter up? Anyway, this is a very nice image, with a nice background (shallow DOF helped there).

Balan, this is a beauty! You did a fine job of getting parallel to the butterfly so that it’s nicely sharp from head to tail. Always nice to have a cooperative subject when your shooting macro.

Balan: Really good plane of focus management. The butterfly reminds me of the hairstreaks we have around here but this one is so much more colorful. Many kudos for the image and effort. >=))>