Passing storm

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Cell phone photo

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

This is a lovely combination of sky, water, land and light. I love the leading line of the fence and shore leading you into the photo, but I find the concrete footing and the last part of the fence distracting. For me the photo is too much about the fence and I think it would work better with a crop between the third and fouth vertical post. If you do that it might need a small crop of sky just to balance the composition.

1 Like

Thanks Tony. I’ll have to give that a try.

Nicholas,

This is a wonderful photograph. The lead-in of the shore and fence work great for the composition and the sky/clouds and reflection are beautiful too. Great cell-phone image; not sure if you cropped or this is a naitive 4:3 format (I keep forgetting my phone has all the different formats… and I keep forgetting to switch back…)

The only suggestion I have would be to increase the shadow detail in the trees on the left. Not a big deal though. I like the fence line as presented.

Lon

Nicholas, the fence and grassy peninsula catching the sun works great at leading my eyes into this very peaceful and inviting scene. The touch of light hitting the house works well as a balance to the fence. The sky and reflections are great. I agree with Lon that a bit of dodging of the trees around the house might be a subtle improvement.

Thanks Lon. This was an older cell phone. I’m not sure what my format options were then.

Thanks Mark. I’ll have to try that. I would be new to dodging and burning.