Path in the redwoods

One more image from the redwoods a few years ago. So far this year I have to cancel my Yosemite trip a couple weeks ago, my redwoods trip in late May and my family trip to Canada in Banff and Jasper National parks because of the COVID-19 virus. I’m bummin. So, I’ve been going back through my Yosemite images and my redwood images and reliving those good times since I can’t go this year. Next best thing I guess. Hope everyone is healthy and safe!

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any Please

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

D810, 1.6 seconds, F/16, ISO 400, 24-120mm, 24mm, tripod + release

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Single shot

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

David, the greens here are delightful. I’m fascinated with how this view shows off what other posters this week have said, “That the redwood forests look very green when you’re deep in them.” The details, the mix of ground plants and the transition to the big trees looks very good here.

I like your composition here David! What really draws my eye and is just delightful are the various shades of green from the subdued green ferns in the foreground to the brighter shrubs/bushes to the side lit moss on the big tree and finally the greens of the young redwoods in the BG. Very nice!

David,
Bummer about the trips! I know where you are coming from as I have had three of my trips cancelled also. We are still allowed to go out for exercise as long as we maintain social distancing so I have contented myself with visiting Susquehanna SP which is only a 20 minute drive.

Anyway, enough about COVID-19. This is a wonderful woodland scene that I find very inviting as it makes me want to stroll into those lush greens of the forest. The large version is particularly nice. No suggestions from me.