Point Reyes fenceposts

This should almost be Nature because of the lichen and decay! But I’m just posting these to whet appetites for another aspect of this place. It was getting dark and we were on our way to the last planned stop of the day (well, the last one before the Tap Room, which is excellent, BTW). There was an elk off the side of the road and we pulled off to try for it. Maybe Lon had more luck than I did – I’m posting the unedited raw below just to show the wretched foggy light. But the fence posts were irresistible. No time for even a focus stack and the ground was soft with smashed-down vegetation, so these are just quick shots. Next time!!

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments welcome – this is just for information, really, and regrets I didn’t take more time.

Technical Details

All just exported raw files.

1 Like

I like these images of the old fence Diane. Lichen photos are just wonderful aren’t they. They add definition and texture to any closeup or macro photo and most also provide a really good colour contrast. It may be good to try a triptych with 3 of the fencepost images…maybe.

Really fun set of images, Diane. I like them all. @Phil_G’s triptych suggestion is a good one too.

Cheers,
David

Oh these are cool! Reminds me of the one I shot when we were touring the Indian ruins in Arizona. Such great character and the colors are so different than what we usually see with this kind of photo. Soft and light. No doubt a result of the diffuse light and fogginess. And all that lichen-y goodness! What’s not to love?

I really like the first one Diane. It is like a miniature landscape. I also enjoy the white background, makes it feel otherworldly.