Point Reyes Shipwreck

A shipwreck that has been photographed thousands of times, but this was my first visit. I wish I could’ve seen it before the fire a few years back. The colors are pretty much SOOC. I adjusted highlights, blacks, etc. but didn’t touch the colors.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any and all

Technical Details

Fujifilm GFX 50s II, f/11, 1/210, 35mm, GF 35-70mm

1 Like

Oh wow, you nailed this one, David. I love the angle and perspective you chose. I also really like the square format too. Colors are so fantastic coming out of the Fujifilm cameras. The GFX 50S II is one terrific bit of gear. I had the original 50s then sold it for the GFX 100. A beast of a camera, but it works for my landscape needs. How do you like the 35-70?

1 Like

@David_Bostock I like the 35-70. It’s on the camera most of the time. I have zero complaints about it.

1 Like

Dramatic in-your-face closeup with wonderful detail! Sounds like a great lens!

1 Like

What a great subject!

And like David Bostock, I too really like the perspective…and the detail under the starboard bow.
It’s like the ship was placed there in that listing attitude just for photographic opportunities.

I can imagine the hustle and bustle that once was common place on her decks and the sunsets she’s seen.

The colors are awesome, no doubt, but I can’t help but wonder what this would look like in B&W. It’s just that type of subject in my mind.
I love the colors though.

I’m glad I ran across this.

Thanks!