Pond Pleasantries

Reina, enjoying a dip and a drink in a high level pond above Thompson Pass, Alaska. This was during a beautiful summer day. Not the average dog walk :smile:

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback is appreciated

Technical Details

Sony a6300, SEL1670Z @ 16mm, ISO-100, f/8.0, 1/400, hand held.

1 Like

Wonderful scene and reflection!! Lucky puppy!

How special to be able to be able to enjoy the beautiful view with a beautiful companion. Great capture. Is that a “road”? If so, looks like some of the logging roads around here.

Thanks, Jim! What you see there is the Trans-Alaska Pipeline access road (all gravel). The pipeline is buried under one side of the road and it also provides access for maintenance on remote gate valves and the pipe itself.

Gary, Thanks. It’s probably better than our logging roads. Happy new year. Jim

That is sweet, Gary! The ripples in the pond are perfect, and so are the cloud reflections. That’s a gorgeous day with a great companion, and the lichen and vegetation on that rocky terrain are super nice. I think that’s about the prettiest view of Thompson Pass I’ve ever seen. And all that sunshine? How rare is that??? :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

Excellent composition, Gary. You placed Reina perfectly. I also like the higher point of view as it adds a lot of drama to the image.