Proud Mama

Last summer when I still lived in Rochester, NY I was able to walk to the Genesee River almost every day and this duck family was one of the many regular sightings I had. It was fun watching them grow! I couldn’t believe how well they navigated the fast moving waters!

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400
300mm
f/6.3
1/640
ISO 200
Adjusted exposure slightly and sharpened. Slight crop

naturenessie
1 Like

Vanessa, this is quite a family, but then duck families are often large. The youngsters are nearly fully grown. The curve of ducks and their disturbance of the water looks good along with the water’s sharpness throughout the view.

Thanks, Mark, for your feedback and looking! The thing I find interesting is that the siblings are different sizes and I’ve read that ducks in the same nest hatch at different times! So they appear to be a little spread out in age, which I think is kind of neat!

I’m pretty sure the last one is a teenage babysitter! With 10 kids, anyone would need one.

1 Like

Hi Vanessa, that is quite a large family you’ve captured and its good to see wildlife on the Genesee because I’d heard years ago it was quite polluted. The water ripples, which you captured nicely, indicate a strong current, but it doesn’t seem to bother our young friends here. One thing I always look for is sharpness, and your detail is very good even when enlarging. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Thanks @Diane_Miller and @Jim_Lockhart for looking! Glad you like the little clan!