Quiet sunrise

The feeling of serenity of being alone on the shore of Georgian Bay on a quiet spring morning with the sound of the water lapping at your feet.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
15 sec, f16, iso50. Adapted DSLR 20mm on full frame mirrorless with CP filter. I used the low ISO to increase shutter speed.

3 Likes

This is a very serene, peaceful scene, Bryan. The two seagulls are a nice bonus. The soft water from the long exposure increases the sense of quietness very nicely. I think you meant to say that you used the low ISO to DECREASE shutter speed though :wink:

1 Like

Those two seagulls on the rock really add to this serene scene you’ve captured Bryan. Slowing that shutter to 15 seconds beautifully blurs the water making this very tranquil indeed. The soft, muted colors add to the serenity but also add much to the scene. The foreground rocks break up a lot of negative space in the foreground and are very effective in drawing the eye towards the the glow in the water, the 2 seagulls, and jutting land formation. Those seagulls held pretty still for 15 seconds.

2 Likes

Now that is serene. Let me just go get my coffee and stare at this for a bit :). I wonder if there is more detail or colour in the clouds, feels like they could be a bit brighter wiht the strong light on the horizon? Nice shot.

1 Like

This is great, Bryan. The foreground rocks point nicely towards the two gulls and the bit of pink in the sky. It’s nice that those three main elements don’t quite line up perfectly.

1 Like

Oooh, lovely! The small bit of pink is just perfect, as are the gulls on the rock. Did you consider cloning out (or maybe just burning down a bit) the light rock that is on the edge of the frame at the bottom? It’s different shape and lightness draw my eye a bit. That’s minor, though. This is beautiful.

1 Like