Rainbow Flower

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Just looking for something different. I shot this in a garden out in the city. I liked the shapes and just a weird plant

Specific Feedback

its kinda abstract and i really don’t know hat else to do with it… Im posting to see what suggestions the Network makes … Maybe another 60s LP cover,

Technical Details

this photo was taken a few years back… At that time i was learning how to use the camera and did’t keep up with all the technical information…

A neat subject, Gill. I like the red veins running through the green/purple leaves. Have you tried rotating this to a horizonal view? Just wondering if it would give the image a better feel. I don’t think of this a lot of times myself. Just happened on one I just submitted, that rotating it slightly helped a lot. I get stuck with this is how I took it I guess. Anyway, that was my only thought. Maybe someone else has some other ideas that could improve the shot.

Hi. Thanks for showing interest I make my own greeting cards and use this photo. Photographers Edge cards. For all kind of occasions. They are blank and you use a photo. I have used this photo both ways in my cards. It does work both ways pretty well.
Thanks again.

1 Like

Interesting for sure. Focus missed the near leaves but did catch some interesting vein structure. I find the top area a bit distracting and did a crop.

There is not an embedded profile, and that can cause skewed color on some browsers and monitors. Always convert to sRGB, and when you export the JPEG there should be a place to check to embed or tag that profle. (Exporting from LR tags it automatically so there isn’t a choice.)

It’s not a flower but some sort of designer kale or collard.

Thanks. I know nothing about embedded photos or RGB. I just export as JPEG and use for cards or my books. This photo was for my cards that I make. That’s why it was centered. Works either way.

Thanks for showing interest