Red Fox Kits at Play.

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The whole family was at play with mom and dad watching over them, and dad occasionally involuntarily participating . They were much more respectful of mom than they were of dad, jumping on him , nipping at him, and then running for their lives! He tolerated all of it with the gentle good nature of a parent.

Specific Feedback

I wish my ss had been just a bit faster, though the image is reasonably sharp and detailed, I think.

Technical Details

Red Fox Kits

Canon RF 10-500mm, processed in ACR and PSE 2020 for exposure and cropping. I did tone down the greenness of the grass a bit. Topaz DeNoise.

1 Like

Shutter speed could have been higher, but I do not find the slightly blurred tails to be a distraction. I like the expression on the fox looking up. I do think it might be a more pleasing image if you had been able to move a bit to your right show more of the upright fox. A nice fox at play photo.

You have captured very playful image with a nice eye contact!
too wish for a higher shutter speed and a lower POV. Aerial view is reducing the impact of image.