Reef Reflections

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments welcome.

Technical Details

1.6sec f/11 ISO100

This is a lovely red/blue ocean sunset, Andre, with a fine zoom effect in the clouds and their reflections leading back to the vanishing point.

1 Like

Lovely photo, Andre. The reflection in the water and the stones in the FG give it lots of depth. The clouds and stone all seem to be pointing to that center cloud formation. The building to the right is a little bit of a distraction. Have you tried cropping it out? It looks like you will still get the pull into the image and I don’t think that the building is bringing anything to the image. I’m uploading the image with the crop. I couldn’t get the full building out without losing to many pixels, but I easily cloned out the small amount left. I did a 4x5 crop. Think this photo is beautiful either way.

Thanks for the comments @Donna_Callais @Mark_Seaver Donna, I wasn’t a big fan of the building either but I do miss that long cloud on the right. I find that landscape photography is always a game of compromise :slight_smile: Thanks for taking the time to share your edit.

That is a beautiful cloud on the right and you’re right about the compromises. I think the correct compromise is to satisfy yourself. This is a stunning image any way you look at it.

1 Like