Reflecting #1

I recently attended a NANPA regional event in Bandon, Oregon, led by NPNer @John_Pedersen. It was a fantastic 4 days at one of my favorite places.

The highlight for me was the morning we spent at the Charleston Boat Marina. The morning light and lack of wind were perfect for playing around with reflections on the water. This is the first of three that I’d like to share.

This just happens to have a flag in it; nothing political or patriotic here. I focused on the reflection on the water, knowing I would flip it vertically in post. I think it has a very watercolor feel to it. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments appreciated.

Technical Details

200mm, 1/420 sec @ f/8, ISO 500.

1 Like

Excellent idea and resulting image, David… :+1:

1 Like

Thank you, @Paul_Breitkreuz.

1 Like

I really like this @David_Bostock . Good thinking flipping the image!!! It adds a bit more surrealism to the shot. Well seen and executed.

1 Like

Wonderful flip on this one, David. I just had a whole trip where I did the same thing. I love it. I kind of like that you can’t really tell this is water since there are no visible ripples making it look more like an abstract water color painting. Looks like a great trip.

Thank you, @John_Pedersen and @David_Haynes for your comments. Much appreciated. Will post #2 tomorrow.

Cheers,
David