Ring-necked Duck

First Post.

Ring-necked Duck taken yesterday at a local pond.

Critiques are very much appreciated

Nikon D500
Sigma 150-600 c
600mm
F6.3
ISO 1000
1/2500

Processed in Photoshop. Slight noise reduction in Topaz. Minimal crop to straighten.

IG rmhooper_photography

Thanks
Ryan

That is nice, It really pops…The red water streaks are way cool and the FG strip at the bottom is
perfect.

Excellent color, DOF, detail, POV, and BG. A very pleasing image.

Beautiful shot Ryan. I really like the DOF you achieved and the strip along the bottom almost makes me think your lens was partially submerged - neat effect. The only thing that bothers me is the loss of the complete head reflection. But overall I’d change nothing on on your processing. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you very much for your thoughts. This is the upper of 2 ponds. You can actually get lower than pond level with the slope of the hill between the 2 ponds. The strip of green is grass between the ponds. I tried to get low and include a strip of it in the foreground. Next time i am there i might try including the foreground while also getting a little more reflection like you say.

Very nice and almost serene scene. Was wondering about the green, but you already explained this. Nice overall mood ! Cheers. Hans

Lovely image and a striking combination of colors. I like the very calm feel to it and how the Ring-necked duck stands out.

Welcome to NPN and the Avian forum, Ryan. A beautiful first post. Excellent detail and exposure in the duck and the low angle and placement in the frame make for a fine composition. sounds like you have some nice ponds to work.

Excellent first post, Ryan. Good detail and I really like the colors in the water. Nice low angle as well. Could see cropping about 1/2 way up the green.