Roaring Tyler

The Tyler Forks is an amazing river in Northern Wisconsin - it joins the Bad River and then flows on into Lake Superior.

Specific Feedback Requested

Ok, so it’s not a wave. I don’t live near bodies of water that produce them all the time, so this is what I’ve got. LOL.

Technical Details

Tripod

Lr for white balance adjustment and work to smooth tonalities and up drama. A bit of a crop. Photoshop to work with masking to tease out dimension in the water and to remove distractions.

Not having any significant water here in the Texas hill country, this looks like an ocean to me, Kris! Really nice movement, while still retaining some definition in the water flow. Just beautiful.

Thanks @linda_mellor - yeah, the midwest is at a disadvantage with this week’s theme except for the great lakes in a big storm, but maybe we’ll have one about cornfields next! :laughing: Or maybe cows…Texas steers versus Wisconsin dairy! Darn, not nature, but still funny. Beef v. cheese. Oh boy.

Anyway…glad you like this one. The Tyler Forks is an amazing river even though it is short. Some of the North Country Scenic Trail, which runs from Vermont to North Dakota, was recently extended or rerouted to include access and a lovely bridge over this river which is where I shot this from -

New bridge

1 Like

Can’t wait for the Texas Longhorns versus Wisconsin dairy challenge! :rofl:

Fascinating coffee tones in there Kristen. I could also see this as a 4:3 crop to even up the left and right water just a tad; not better, just another option.

Because I live in a candy store of water, I shouldn’t be the guy chuckling, but nevertheless I did because this reminded me of The 4 Yorkshiremen Monty Python skit.

1 Like

Luxury!

OMG I love that sketch. Now must go listen to it. In high school a bunch of us tried to do that for our Senior Follies, but it was too much to manage with that many people. Instead my best friend and I did the Pet Shop/Dead Parrot sketch. You don’t want to know how many times we had to do it before we could stop laughing.

We had to lick the road clean with our tongues!