Robe Lake Rorschach

A late Fall morning at Robe Lake, Valdez, Alaska with calm waters, fog and fresh snow on the mountain peaks. I had no choice but to shoot a panorama :grin:

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback is always appreciated.

Technical Details

Sony a6300, SEL1670Z @ 16mm (24mm w/crop factor), ISO-100, f/8.0, 1/500, hand held. 2 horizontal photos stitched and cropped to eliminate excess dead space in the sky.

5 Likes

Gary, the pano fits the scene very well. I’m especially attracted to the trees coming in on the left and how they lead to the gap in the mountains. The perfect reflection makes for a beautiful, tranquil scene.

Gorgeous, Gary. The beautiful blue sky with the snow capped mountains make for quite an idealistic scene.

Beautiful mirror pano, Gary. love the white tips of the mountains, the fog and that beautiful tree line going out into the lake. Very nicely seen.

Gorgeous!! I had no choice but to zoom in and spend some time just enjoying it!! I love the “lateral interest” of the trees on the left pointing to the mountain on the right. They do more than point to it – the peninsula diminishes to the right and overlaps with the peaks that diminish to the left. The bit of fog on the water gives lovely interest in the trees and separates the overlapping elements perfectly! Just enough clouds in the sky and the bit of vegetation in the water gives a nice visual base.

Peter Lik would be jealous!!