Same Place Another Evening

Another image from Bass Harbor Marsh in Acadia, NP. I particularly liked the pastels that evening as they produced some nice color in the water along with the sky. I wound up making this a pano with a crop of some ripples in the water and a crop of some blue sky to place more of an emphasis on the warm toned clouds. As always thanks for your thoughts.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Nikon D800, Nikon 35-70 @ 48 mm, f 16 @ 3 sec, ISO 100, cable release & tripod

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

What beautiful light! Nice balance of tones in the image and the colors are well represented to my eye. As a viewer, I want to look down and see more of the water in the foreground in order to enter the scene more intimately.

Gorgeous twilight pastel colors here Ed. I especially like how the reflections of the trees appear in the pink water. Relative to your other recent post from this location, I like how here you included more of the water and the shoreline to the right. One suggestion would be to try bringing up a little more shadow detail in the shoreline on the right.

Gorgeous light and color Ed. I am really enjoying the pastels and the way the water leads me into the frame.

This is very nice, Ed. The pastels in the sky and water are beautiful. I agree with @Ed_McGuirk on lifting the shadows a bit in the dark shore areas and maybe nudge up the luminosity just a touch to bring out the greens a bit more in the grasses. Comp. works as framed but if I was being picky it does feel a bit tight at the bottom.

A lovely pastel scene Ed, I would agree with Ed on bringing up the shadows a touch, I would personally crop a bit more from the sky as it feels unbalanced to me, but it works either way!

This is another beauty, Ed. I like your choice of the panoramic format because of the way that it compliments the sweeping lines of the river. This conveys a peaceful scene with the soft pastel color. Nicely done!

Ed, I like this as presented. I think there is enough detail in the grasses. Love the reflected trees and colors in the water. I also like the crop you’ve chosen. Top notch work IMHO.
:vulcan_salute:

Ed, this is a very peaceful scene. I like the pastel colors and the overall mood.
The curve of the water and the reflection of trees are beautiful. I can understand the desire in some replies for more shadow detail in the shore, but it isn’t necessary for me. The crop works for me, no need to change anything.