Shenandoah Sunset

This is one from the archives. I was going through and reworking a few images and I thought this one would work for the WC. The image was taken in Shenandoah NP just shortly before sunset.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Nikon D200, Nikon 28-70 @ 57 mm, f 13 @ 1/125 sec, ISO 100, cable release & tripod

1 Like

Beautiful rays and nice layers at the bottom of the image. I like the black and white treatment. I might darken along the upper right edge of the image.

The rays and threatening clods are really cool in this image, Ed. I see what Kathy is saying about the upper right and I agree with her.

Great beams and scene, Ed. I would also agree with the URC suggestion, but not a big deal.

Thanks for your thoughts everyone @Kathy_Barnhart, @Dennis_Plank and @Harley_Goldman; always appreciated. Here is a repost with some darker clouds cloned into the URC.

Repost looks good. It did the trick.

The darker sky makes it more ominous…

Excellent job on the repost, Ed.

This definately works for the WC, Ed. Excellent work. The original and the repost both look fine to me.

The crepuscular rays are spectacular, Ed. Having a few ridges along the bottom is icing on a great sky.