Smashed Pumpkin

Image Description

I was out one fall a few years and saw this pumpkin. Very orange and broken open. So i shot it and tried to edit to make something different. This photo is one of the first in photoshop. I may have over edit on this one. Lost some detail but i just wanted to share this weird photo.

Type of Critique Requested

• Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

Weird photo of a cracked pumpkin. just wanted to share…

Gill, I may would have had trouble figuring it out had you not given it the name “Smashed Pumpkin”. I’m wondering if it would have been more revealing and interesting in color? The different shades of orange might have added interest. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks for showing interest . Everyone who has seen the photo questions that very same thing.
I think that’s kinda cool.
Edward Weston did a bell pepper and it brings the same question.
It’s not a technical photo. Just this strange shot on a pumpkin gone bad.

:earth_americas::camera_flash::camera_flash::camera_flash: Thanks again.

1 Like

I like this for the mystery, Gill. I don’t mind not knowing what it is. And your B&W treatment works very well. No need to see the color version. Very Westonry. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks. That was the goal. It’s not perfect and looks kinda old and soft. Edward Weston is the photographer that blew me away years ago. It’s a style of photography that has questions.

Thanks for showing interest.

1 Like