Song Sparrow Spin Cycle

Normally, I delete this kind of image, but I really liked the full body rotation of this song sparrow after its bath, so I hung onto it. I think it’s appropriate for this challenge. Unfortunately, the light background makes it difficult to see the flying streaks of water, but if you look closely you can see a few.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything. All I did on this one was some noise reduction and a crop from horizontal.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 451 mm, tripod with ball head and Sidekick, f/8, 1/200, iso 2000, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Noise reduction with Neat Image. Cropped from a horizontal original.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Definitely a lot of action going on here, Dennis! In fact the whole story of this photo is about the action. I like your title too! Good thing you kept it. It came in handy for this challenge :wink:

Definitely a “wheeee” moment. Yes, having the full body moving with the feet stable works well.

Great shot in my non-avian opinion. Gives a bird on a stick image real life. Wonderful.

That is quite the spin cycle, Dennis! The feet and perch are nice and sharp. Perfect shot for the WC. Good thing you didn’t send it to the trash can!

Superb way to show motion. Nice out-of-the-box thinking.