Spring w/Recrop

Crop suggested by @Lon_Overacker:

Original:

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Spring is on its way…

Specific Feedback

Any thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

Technical Details

85mm, 0.6sec @ f/16, ISO 125

David,

Spring is here! And actually I totally missed the central valley fruit/nut tree blossoms this year! Your image reminds me of the miles and miles of orchards blooming in the spring. This is a great image to capture the time of year and the new year of coming fruit.

I also like the remnants (the reality part) of the blossoms. I think if this were to go any more abstract it would just be a blur of pink, but I like having just enough motion for the effect, but leaving no doubt what this is to allow that story or impression.

Only suggestion - an alternate crop going square (I’m fixated with square these days) and cutting out the darker, open area on the right. The crop also leaves a nice odd-number cluster of 3 sets of blossoms. Quite lovely as presented for sure.

Lon

1 Like

Hmmm, thanks for the crop suggestion, Lon. I hadn’t even noticed there was a clear area that could be used to simplify the scene. Cropped version posted above.

1 Like

Wonderful veil-y effect! I like @Lon_Overacker’s crop.

1 Like

A soft, very dreamy feel of spring! I love the repeating shapes of the blossoms. The feeling goes so well with the cup of English tea I’m drinking. :slight_smile: Your original composition is quite nice, and I also like Lon’s alternate crop; can’t decide which one I like better. Well done!

Hi David, a very dreamy, Springy image that you’ve captured here. It’s not stated but I’m guessing it’s ICM? Just the right combination of detail along with the blurry background to complete a very attractive photo. And yes, liking the revised post better; square just seems to fit so many subjects better than any other format. Well done and presented!

David, really like this ICM. Nice work. Do prefer the cropped version however.

1 Like