Stare Down

This is a heavily cropped image from a winter trip to Yosemite Valley in 2017 when I encountered a pair of coyotes digging up some old bones under the snow. I didn’t remember this particular image until I went back and looked at the archives.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Single image, ISO500, f/6.3, 1/1000.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Kathy, you were very well positioned to catch this stare. Love the bit of flying snow around the front paw and the high key look overall. That is one intense stare.

A wonderful photo here, Kathy. Well named too. I think your idea to crop down to this size is perfect also. Even being winter the coyote appears to be in peak health overall… :+1: :+1:

Nice coyote capture, Kathy! There is something about a coyote’s eyes that seems to project their intelligence and intensity. The little bit of action, with the spray of snow, adds interest to the image also.

What a stare you did capture here, Kathy. Love how he has his head down, and that paw kicking up some snow. Very nice shot.

Nice. Well framed and composed.

Kathy: Love the pose and the look. Looks like this critter has been doing well in the winter conditions. Great capture of what I suspect was a marvelous experience. >=))>