Stream Ruby

This is the first time Ive come cross this damselfly. Its a male stream ruby - male. I did not get a chance to compose, as the temperatures are higher, and they are very sensitive to my presence.

6D2 , 180 Tam,

Balan Vinod

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.
  • Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

Any feedback is welcome

Technical Details

2 Likes

Beautiful colours, both the insect and background. I might clone out the pale patch in the bg, above the end of its wings. The whole insect and perch are so sharp. Well caught!

Amazing capture and the composition is great. You picked up details and sharpness very well.

Oh Balan, this really nice. I love the colors in the damselfly and the BG (which compliments the damselfly nicely. Wonderful details captured in the subject as well as the nice diagonal perch. It looks like he/she just purposely posed for the shot! Well done. I have no nits.

This is a beauty, Balan, he posed perfectly long enough for you to get this shot. The details are outstanding all along his body and he does coordinate well with the colors in the background.

Superb photo. The details are really excellent from tip to tail. Agree about the colors - very harmonious and oh that background. I can’t wait for them to be back here (5 months or so), but I don’t know that I’ll have this kind of success.

I must echo the others comments, Balan. Just beautiful detail, composition and colors. Great shot.