Succulent and raindrops + RP

OK, a repost, in record time.

Original:

Image Description

I walked out on the deck after a rain and saw this and had to go for the camera.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I love the leaf patterns in succulents but I’m always frustrated how to crop them. And now that I’ve posted it, I wish I had darkened the two BG leaves in the left corners.

Technical Details

Screen Shot 2023-03-20 at 3.11.18 PM

Focus stack of 10, Zerene Stacker. Some dodging and burning and minor cloning in PS.

1 Like

Oh yeah, the repeating patterns in these kind of plants is pretty amazing. So ornate and precise. I am ok with the crop here, but wonder if you could darken things down a bit. It seems very bright on my end. I absolutely love the detail in the center - the droplets and the (?) flowers coming out between the leaves - so crisp and crystalline. Even the texture of the leaves comes through beautifully.

OK, and there’s your new post while I was commenting. I think darkening the leaves is a good choice.

Thanks, @Kris_Smith and @Bill_Fach for the EP – and anyone else I’m not aware of! A delightful surprise!!

Wow, I missed this one, Diane! It has to been seen in the large view. Those little water drops are just a wonderful addition. Great shot and congratulations on EP!