Sugar Hill Lupines

I was able to catch this colorful array of lupines in the lower field at Sugar Hill a couple of years back. The pinks, whites and blues seem to go so well with the greens of the plants in the fields. I did my best to try and hide the paths that crisscross this beautiful spot. Hopefully the parallel lines of the lupines fit this weeks weekly challenge.

As always thanks for taking a moment to leave a thought.

Specific Feedback Requested

All C&C welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D800, Nikon 17-35 @ 32mm, f 22 @ 0.6 sec, ISO 100, CPL, MLU, cable release & tripod

3 Likes

Beautiful, Ed. Love the varied colors of the lupines and the lush greenery surrounding them. They are huge compared to the lupines we have here in the Texas hill country. Very nicely seen and captured.

This is beautiful, Ed. Wonderful colors, excellent DOF, and fits the WC perfectly. I’m enjoying this scene. The colors do go together nicely with the greens.

Ed, the flower spikes are a neat idea for parallel lines and they are set off well by the mass of green leaves. The depth works very well as my eyes are pulled from the front two blue spikes through to the back. Since you mentioned paths, I’m going to guess that the well hidden gap just below center is a path…nice job of disguising it.

Thanks so much for taking a moment to leave leave a thought @linda_mellor, @Shirley_Freeman and @Mark_Seaver . I am glad everyone enjoyed the image.
@Mark_Seaver: That was one of several paths, Mark.

1 Like

Wonderful composition Ed. I love the 2 blue stalks at the bottom that anchor the image. Good of you to get low enough to hide the path through the center of the image. Great depth of field and the colors look spot on. I did a quick scroll on this and liked the top of the image cropped into a square to remove the background bushes. You have probably already tried that but thought I’d let you know that I think a square crop works really well too.

Beautiful image Ed and excellent composition. I hope to get to Sugar Hill one of these years!