Summer's fall #2

I spent a number of hours last week sitting quietly by this small pond shooting reflection abstracts and occasionally some pond life. On this day, a lone leaf fluttered down and landed in a spot where it was surrounded by reflections, so I took another shot to add to my “floating leaf” collection…

7D2, 100-400@400, 1/200 s, f/8, iso 400, tripod

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Mark, I really like the water color in this one. I also think this is best viewed as large as possible. That allows more of the leaf detail and reflection to be appreciated.
Nicely done!

Yes, this definitely needs to be viewed large Mark. I am on the fence about the dark area under the leaf. Lightening a bit might make the left side less heavy. I love the patterns in the water and of course the floating leaf.

Mark, an absolutely excellent opportunity captured in time and space as it were. One would or could chalk this one up to luck, but to the contrary, one has to be out and about pushing for the “luck” so to speak. A wonderful scene photographed as a result of being in the right place at the right time…:sunglasses::+1:

A beautiful shot, Mark. I really am enjoying the ripples of the water and its color. That one lone leaf floating by is placed perfectly in the shot. I could enjoy watch something like this myself, and with a camera even the better.

Another fine addition to the series Mark, you have a gift when it comes to doing reflections.

And similar to your prior post from this pond, a panoramic crop of the bottom half of this image makes for another wonderful abstract image as well.

Sounds like what I hope retirement is like… :smiley::+1:

Love the abstract nature of the reflection Mark. The tempered greens are rendered beautifully and the presence of the leaf seems so wonderfully happenstance… Wonderful imagery.

Lon