Swiss alps

Specific Feedback Requested

Any and all commments appreciated

Technical Details

Hand held, Olympus OMD EM5

Some images scream black and white, and yours is a prime example of that, Tony. It’s beautiful. I love the cloudless sky contrasting with the snow. I would be curious to see the histogram of this photo. Were any highlights clipped? The area next to the curve at the top and above the shaded section below seems very bright. I do not think a tighter crop would be effective, but the bright angle on the right side distracts me some. Your image captured the weather and temperature very nicely in this edit.

What a lovely piece, Tony. As @EgĂ­dio_LeitĂŁo described, this piece truly screams black and white. My only gripe, perhaps, would be with the highlights, as they are surely clipping - or extremely close to doing so. Though the high contrast works well for the piece, I would consider toning the highlights down a bit, as I would love some more detail on the face of the mountain.

Further, the strong highlights on either side of the photograph are distracting, once the eye catches them. These should definitely be burned down by quite a bit; not so far as to make them into shadows but enough that they no longer draw the eye.

1 Like

Tony, the big triangle of bright snow is truly eye catching. I agree that it looks very close to clipped, possibly due to the jpg conversion, although there are subtle details to be seen except for above and to the right of the nearly vertical lines near the left middle.

@EgĂ­dio_LeitĂŁo @Mark_Seaver @Cody_Schultz Thank you for the comments and suggestions. Indeed, the photo looks better with the bright white area toned down a bit.

1 Like