Teddy

Sony A77
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 800, 1/8 @ f8
A number of years ago my wife went to the local Petsmart to pick up some cat food and came home with this guy. I objected for about two seconds and then I saw his eyes. He was a kitten when he came home and the youngest of the family but now he’s the oldest and also the sweetest of our three cats. I think he most of all appreciates his rescue and we appreciate his demeanor and lovability. I couldn’t decide which image to post so thought I would post them both just for fun. All comments welcome. >=))>

Those are some amazing cat eyes, Bill! The white fur makes them even more striking because of the contrast. Since this challenge is about the eyes I like the second version better because you can see them much better. I like the composition of the first one better though.

Bill, a wonderful story and two fine shots of a beautiful cat. While the eyes don’t get as much attention in the horizontal view, the overall, high key sense looks great. His eyes stand out very well in the vertical view.

Bill, what a lovely story, and a pretty cat with especially pretty eyes. I like both shots very well, and agree with Mark about the high key in the first, but I think the second one really shows those eyes. I can see why you didn’t object many seconds to keeping him. Glad he has been such a sweet pet to you as well.

Beautiful cat with incredible eyes! Love the look in the second one, but both images are quite nice.

The second image is my favorite because of the eye contact yet the almost high key effect on the first makes it a wonderful cat shot.