The light

I like ICM (and macro) since it allow us photographer to create images even in mundane situations those days when you are not in a good place with great light and interesting weather and atmosphere. Here I just took some ICM photos of a set of ordinary tree trunks reflected in a lake. In some of them I included primarily the tree trunks, in some the reflection and finally of course both the trees and the reflection.

The light where best in the photos of the reflection so I used them and created a flipped image.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.
  • Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

In post-processing my goal was to achieve a mood that if you where at this location you should be drawn to the light and wanted to approach it but at the same time had an underlying unpleasant feeling of some unknown threat.

Technical Details

Not so important for ICM images, ask if interested!

4 Likes

Love this shot, Ola. The colors are subdued yes, but reflect a certain amount of intrigue for me. Like what lies beyond, a sort of curiosity. Also, appreciate how you have given just enough movement to create some clarity but still plenty of energy in the movement. Very nicely seen and captured.

What @linda_mellor said! This is lovely and makes me linger, wondering about it – what is just beyond this apparition!

It’s a classic example of photograph things not only for what they are but for what they also are.

Ola,

Love this! Wonderful ICM. It’s all about the glow for me -

Yeah, that! There’s a great mystery, intrigue… like something you might see in a movie, where one is drawn to the light, but they don’t know why… they can’t resist. This is the feeling I get.

Lon

1 Like

This does feel ominous. For me it’s the blue light combined with the dark vertical trees. It has a nice sense of depth, too.

Ola, this is a wonderful and successful ICM image. The colors and darker tones work well together and gives the scene an ominous feeling. I believe you achieved your goal with wanting to approach the light but still feeling uneasy about stepping forward.

@Lon_Overacker, @Alfredo_Mora, @linda_mellor, @Bonnie_Lampley and @Diane_Miller thanks a lot for your kind comments, they are very much appreciated.

I struggle a lot to embrace to include deliberately into my images that they shall evoke specific emotions and tell a story (except the obvious that they are pleasing so to say). So, I am very happy that your responses are in line with my goal during post-processing of this ICM image.

3 Likes