The Swamp

Critique Style Requested: Initial Reaction

Please share your immediate response to the image before reading the photographer’s intent (obscured text below) or other comments. The photographer seeks a genuinely unbiased first impression.

Questions to guide your feedback

Can you guess what this is?

Other Information

Please leave your feedback before viewing the blurred information below, once you have replied, click to reveal the text and see if your assessment aligns with the photographer. Remember, this if for their benefit to learn what your unbiased reaction is.

Image Description

A section of the trunk of a Eucalyptus, near Chiang Mai, Thailand.

Technical Details

D500 + 105mm macro 1/125 f9 ISO 2500 + flash

Denoise - enhancement of colors with PS (Shadows, Highlights and Curves).

Specific Feedback

Aesthetic and Technical

Hi Mike, I sure wouldn’t want to swim in that swamp! There’s probably a huge gator in there. :grinning:

Really awesome layers of color. The greens especially look like algae covered swamp. Nicely seen and photographed!

1 Like

Hi Mike,
it looks like a tree bark to me.
some kind of eucalyptus .
I would fix/crop the LLC dark “something”.

1 Like

I’m with Joao on the identification. Looks like a vertical rotated 90 to create a horizontal.

I would vote Eucalyptus bark. I love the peeling texture of those trees!

Mike,

Very cool! At first glance, yes, I can see some sort of primordal swamp with maybe a touch of nuclear glow… :laughing: :wink:

Upon opening the larger view, the clues are more apparent. Regardless, a terrific and intimate view of the tree bark. Of course I don’t know what the original scene was like, but I really like the variety of colors developed and presented.

No suggestions. Terrific natural abstract.

Lon