There Be Dragons

The north wall of the Grand Canyon of the Gunnison. All comments welcome. >=))>

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A77
Sony DT 16-50 f2.8 @ 35mm, CPL
ISO 200, 1/135 @ f8

1 Like

Bill, this is a great geologic example. Very cool.

There sure are dragons! Breathing fire. Good one!

Bill, I like this a lot. Only change for me is to crop out the upper greenery and make it a full abstract top to bottom… :+1:
Are those structures on the very top rim? Yikes… :skull:

Paul: No structures, just the trees. I left that upper strip to provide a sense of scale but I agree that it can be a pretty cool abstract without them.

1 Like

Great shot Bill, I love the two bolts. It looks a bit too sharp, is it because of post processing? I also like the grass on top. I would crop it a bit on the right, and enhance the contrast of the white stripes. A bit of dodging and burning will do it there.
Oh, actually B&W might be very appropriate :slight_smile:

Remarkable!! It took me a while to see the trees. They may not be huge, but they don’t look like small bushes, either, so these striations must be very big. A complete abstract without the trees would be interesting but I find the scale makes them even more fascinating.

Hi Bill,

I like the vertical cracks in the rock face and did not really notice the trees at the top of the frame. Although once the trees have been noticed, they do reveal the immense size of the rock face. Well donre…Jim

Awesome! I do see the flying dragons! I like that you left the trees on top for sense of size. But it would be very artistic without. Either way, really great seeing on your part!

Bill, I remember this view. It thoroughly enjoyable and well seen. Those huge layers and their shapes are quite remarkable and they do look like dragons.