Tinker Bell's Dream

Maybe most of you are too young to remember watching “The Wonderful World of Disney” every Sunday, with an intro from who else but Tinker Bell. Well, when I got this one on the PC, that’s the first thing I thought of - Tinker Bell and Fairy dust…

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

Another ICM that I think can capture your imagination. I admit it does mine. These aren’t for everyone, but as Forest used to say, you never know what you’re going to get. :slight_smile:

Wondering if I pushed the color/sat too far? And wondering what came to your mind?

Technical Details

Nikon D7100, 16-85mm @85 (127), f/9 1/4s, iso 100. vertical sweep ICM

1 Like

I really like the colors and textures like the brush strokes of a painting! I like how the greens are cooler, contrasting with the warmer golden colors. I see where you’re coming from with the fairy dust in the woods. It looks like pine trees in a deep dark forest and makes me think of the fairy forests in JR Tolkien’s books. Beautiful ICM, Lon!

Ha, that song that goes along with Tinker Bell’s introduction is burnt into my memory forever, Lon. Thanks for reminding me…now I’ll be humming it over and over and over and over for a while.
Yes, this certainly does have the feel of fairy dust, if only I knew how that felt, but I mainly see it as fragments of an exploded meteorite falling through the atmosphere creating some ionic reaction or other that gives off a green/yellow glow. Isn’t it great how we all see things differently in our minds.
Anyway, I see I’ll have to give this ICM a tryout. I just hope I’ve got enough years left to become half this proficient at it. I still remember your Cypress-leaves of sky, such a beautiful image. Cheers.

Hi Lon, nice shimmering effect and colors in your image! I think it has a lot of potential. Perhaps if there was a larger section of trees with this effect, then it may express that magical forest feel that you are after. The colors and saturation look good to me. Have fun experimenting and thank you for posting this!

I like this one very much. This, in my opinion, is a true abstract. I also like the color combination here. I think that’s one of it’s more important features. A truly fine image imo.