???

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Wandering around and saw this; Had to take shot. Did not have mono or tripod so had to handhold. A bit out of focus in places but thought it interesting enough to save.

Specific Feedback

Any comments welcome. Posted to see if this can be identified or is it obvious.

Technical Details

7DII; 100/400; ISO 640; 1/1250TH; 6.3; About 30% crop.

Hi Jim,
wow, that looks interesting. This, of course, looks like a turtle sticking its head out of its shell.

I don’t mind the blurry foreground at all. I like how the sharpness increases to the main subject.

But my eye is drawn to the bright parts in the bottom of the frame slightly. I hope you don’t mind that I messed around with your image:

I used the Brush Mask in ACR, painted over the bright parts in the foreground with a medium flow and applied the following adjustments:

It’s not a dramatic adjustment, but this way the attention is more focused on the bch beautiful shapes in the center.

1 Like

Jim, I’m not sure if this is some kind of space ship or a flying monster. The way it’s lit really lets the flowing structure stand out. Definitely a fun find, nicely seen.

Very Cool !!! Brings questions to my eyes … Works great in black and white. A slight blueish maybe ???