Tough Dude

From the same session as the last couple of posts. I liked the tough-guy pose this Goldfinch was putting on.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Sony a6500, FE200-600 @ 600 mm, tripod with ball head and Sidekick mount, f/8, 1/500, iso 2000, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Noise reduction with Neat Image, and feather enhancement with Topaz Detail 3. Cropped and straightened to make the line of drops vertical. Taken May 31st at 1:06 pm under cloudy skies.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Excellent color and composition. I like the head turn and the two-tone background. Detail is fabulous. And it does have a wicked look in its eye.

Hi Dennis
It is a nice looking tour-guy. The yellow and black look right on. Nice work.
Peter

Very nice. IQ on the bird is great–look at those middle toenails! Love that water drip and the BG. The droplets coming off the drip almost look like an earring!

Yep. Not on my watch!!! Total tough dude look. Awesome catch with the drip of water off the end of the branch. Good exposure and a nice soft background. Well done!