Transition

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Transition. My term for what many refer to as death. Spring brings excitement of the tiny first Elephant Ear plants awakening, brand new to the world again after a Winter’s rest. Then I enjoy the amazing Summertime adventure of it’s rapid growth into a 4 to 5 food tall "purple / green beauty. Then Fall brings changes, equally interesting as the plant begins to prepare for sleep. They go from youthful to wrinkled like old folks do. This macro shot defines the shadowy textures of an Elephant ear leaf as it enters this cycle of life… transitioning into sleep, then rebirth in the Spring. As I age, I also feel the pull of the next cycle… the changes the human body experiences not unlike this single leaf. , the challenges and then the beauty of the soul of life itself.

Specific Feedback

Any Feedback would be great. I tried to get the texture and lines to pop out … slight vignette. This plant was at it’s end. i really wanted to capture that !!!

Technical Details

High ISO maybe 800. shutter speed 80 and fstop 14 or 16 … natural light and a small amount of artificial light … Tried to keep in natural and honest…

Gill, I am sorry, I missed this one. Lots of lines and texture in this. I think you brought out the “wrinkles” well, and the ending of a life cycle. I can’t think of anything to improve it.

1 Like

Thanks. :earth_americas::pray::earth_americas:

1 Like