Tunnel of Light

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

One of the most iconic beaches in Israel is Dor’s beach.
The rock formation forged over years of waves crashing against the shore created this amazing tunnel.
The sun usually sets in the tunnel last week of December and the first week of January.
In one of last visits to the beach I decided to take different angle on this tunnel along with the texture of the waves.

Technical Details

Shot using Z7 II, 14-24 F/2.8 14mm, ISO 64

Multiple exposures were used 1 seconds for the waves textures and 30 seconds for the clouds.

2 Likes

Hello Idan! Always interesting to find a structure that the sun passes through a few times a year. I like your long shutter on the water and how all the parts of the photo lead into the tunnel. Very well done.

Hi Idan and welcome to NPN. A fine opening image and I really like the mix of shutter speeds you achieved with image blending. Each is right for the subject and together they work well. I could see toning down the luminosity in the rock cliff as it has a lot of visual weight and overwhelms the water and sky somewhat. That is, of course, subjective and could be your intent for this photo. There is also some haze over the top of the arch and the rock above that could maybe use some contrast since they would be in similar light to where you are standing. Just some thoughts on this striking and exciting photo.

If you do make changes and have a second edit, you can add that to your original post by clicking the pencil (edit) icon. This allows us to compare both photos in the viewer one after the other. You can also edit the title with something like + 1 Rework or similar to alert the group that you have done it.

You can also reply to multiple people in the same post by highlighting text and using the quote function or the @Idan_Livni symbol which will bring up a list of people who have replied in your thread. Handy and I use that all the time.

Again welcome to the community. I’m looking forward to seeing more photos from your corner of the world.

Idan, welcome to NPN. What a gorgeous first post. You did a wonderful job of blending in this image. I love that there’s a lot of texture in the water. The composition is unique and well done.

Hi Idan and Welcome to NPN! :slight_smile:

This is a very good first post, I’ve never seen this feature before so it’s a treat for me.
It looks like you shot and processed this with full intentions and skill.

I like it!

I look forward to seeing more from your part of the world. Please feel free to ask for anything specific if you want, there’s a bunch of experienced and talented folks here ready and willing to help in any way we can, including help with the site if needed. :slight_smile:

Welcome aboard! :slight_smile:

Welcome to NPN. Very nice composition and blending of exposures.

Welcome to NPN Idan. Great use of leading linel. I like how you captured the energy and motion in the scene with your various shutter speeds. I think an image like this can really benefit from a stronger vignette around the rocks . I’ve included a rough edit but you might have had a different vision for it. Looking forward to seeing more from you.

1 Like

Well now, this is a winner! Fascinating how the lines in the water and clouds both point (at angles) into the frame, driving my eye right to the arch. Absolutely loving this one, Idan. Welcome to NPN. Look forward to more of your posts!