Two Camellias

Image Description

Taken today in the rain, these two flowers were more sheltered than most by the foliage.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.

• Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I thought the muted light in the rain might suit such bright flowers. Are they still too bright? Also, can you see any areas of stacking weakness? Are you comfortable with the composition?

Technical Details

D500 + Helios 44-2 58mm f2 1/500 f2 ISO 500 14 images stacked in Zerene (PMax)

Denoise, Shadows and Highlights in PS, removal/burning of distracting spots of sky.

1 Like

What a pair of beauties. And with raindrops. Bonus. The stack looks good, too. I checked it pretty closely and didn’t fine any stray artifacts or weirdness. The leaves on the left one are so close to the edge that it looks accidental - more space makes it seem like you took them into consideration, which maybe you did. Do you have photos of just one or the other of them dominating the frame? That could be a really expressive photo with the raindrops. The way the leaves frame them makes for a natural “container” if you will and of course I think we’d all like to be closer to those amazing petals.

I’m jealous of your butterflies and flowers. None of either for months yet here.

1 Like

Beautiful pair, Mike. Nice work with the stacking too. Very sharp.

They should be blooming in our local Japanese Garden very soon. Can’t wait.

1 Like

A nice composition and love the contrasting red and greens. I don’t think they’re too bright; I could even see darkening the background some.

1 Like