Undeterred II

The next phase of our rejuvenation process includes these mini-daffodils. They are about the diameter of a half dollar (when was the last time you saw one of those?) and are blooming like crazy in a little pot Chrissy brought home. BG is a pot of pansies. All comments welcome. >=))>

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 200, 1/80 @ f8

2 Likes

Bill, they are beautiful. Yes, I remember the half dollar, but it has been a long time since I have seen one. I didn’t realize that daffodils came so small. I like their position, and the pansies in the background works nicely. I couldn’t tell that they weren’t all a part of your flower garden, all planted. Well arranged. I just noticed a couple of days ago that some normal size daffodils that I saved from being destroyed last year by a neighbor cleaning up land where an old house and barn used to be, is coming up this year. All thought they were dead and gone last year, so was quite surprised but pleased that they are coming up and should be blooming soon. These are beautiful and presented so well here. I will have to see what I can do when ours blooms. You have motivated me. :grinning:

Beautiful, Bill. The bright yellow is a very welcoming hint of spring. Love the array of colors and the composition. Nicely done.

1 Like

Very beautiful! Color and tone of the blurred BG set off nicely the cute yellow daffodils. I like the tightened composition. Perfect as is.

That burst of color is a joy to my winter-weary eyes. Just lovely.

Hi Bill,

It is OK to cheat the cold features of Winter with some acquired flowers. I like the BG as it helps get those yellows to pop even more than with a plain BG. Well done. …Jim

ps.: I hope your plants make a full recovery from the wrath of the polar vortex.

Bill, Beautiful flowers well captured. I like the angle and the complementary background. Yes, bright yellow is the welcome color, as we are still more than a month away from any hint of spring flowers.