Warmer days bringing out the workers

Image Description

I spent a few hours yesterday at the desert museum focused on the bees. Many flowers around from the rains we had. Watching these bees working is an amazing site as I sit in my small chair low to the ground. I did want to capture the flower environment she was in as well.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.

• Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.

• Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

Arizona sun can be harsh, is the image still too bright. Nothing seems to be clipping.

Technical Details

R7 RF 100-500 500mm 1/400 f/16 ISO 2000. HH

1 Like

Dean, that must be nice having a desert museum to go to and photograph bees and flowers, etc. It is nice to be able to see the environment here, with the buds and the open flower. In answer to your question, to me, it is brighter on the bee that I would like. I don’t know if you have a way of holding a collapsible diffuser or something, even your own body to help shade the area in a case like this or not. I know most places like botanical gardens, and I suspect the desert museum too, doesn’t open during the sweet light, so harsh light or a cloudy day is our option. You really did get nice details in the bee with all of that pollen all over it.

1 Like

I agree the pollen is a nice touch. They do get covered in it, don’t they? Hazard of the job. A diffuser would absolutely help here, but sometimes you need a third arm. :laughing:

No bees here for at least a month so it’s nice to see one.