Were did the seed come from?

I have a new appreciation for member who photograph these small song birds. This Dark-eyed Junco was shot in the Sachuest Point National Wildlife Refuge on Oct 19, at 8:50 AM. The Junco keep jumping in and out of the hedge, looking for seeds to eat.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm. f7.1, 363mm, 1/2000, -1EV, ISO 500. The shots were cropped by 50% and I used local control points to bring up the Junco’s head and beak and to lower the hedge. I did think I could do anything about the leaf just to left of the bird’s head.

Great detail in the junco and a nice sequence of shots. I like the one with the mouth open showing the tongue and the last one with the slight head turn and mouth open. Looks as if you had some nice light and it’s a nice environmental shot.

Nice sequence, Peter. The 2nd and 4th are favorites but all have nice details. I am pretty sure the bird is not a Junco, but a Gray Catbird.

Hi Allen and Stephen
Thank you for the comments and Bird Id. The Gray Catbird has a black bill and the Junco bill is lighter.
So I stand corrected this is a Gray Catbird. Thank you.
Peter

Terrific sequence. Catbirds are some of my favorites. They’re so lively and have a huge range of vocalizations. I can practically hear this one. Super.