Western Bluebird

I like the background with the fall colors, though wish the blue sky wasn’t there, but attempts to remove it didn’t look good.

Any pertinent technical details:

Canon 7D Mark II; Sigma 150-600 at 600 mm. 1/500 at f6.3; ISO 100.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Allen: This is very nice. The tones in the chest and the background are really nice. I like the blue sky patch. I don’t find it to be an issue at all. Nice image.

1 Like

There’s an interesting phenomenon in this image, Allen. When I first looked at it, the blue patch drew my eye, but as soon as I opened ghe larger image, it quit doing so. A very good Bluebird image. They always look especially dapper in late fall and the winter. I like this as posted.

Very nice three-quarter view. Detail is superb. I’m not bothered by the blue patch as it mirrors some of the color on the bird. A very pleasing fall shot. Although, these Western Bluebirds are common in Western Washington, I’ve never seen one at my house.

This is a very sharp well composed shot with a beautiful background. The blue does draw my eye but seriously I think it was because you pointed it out. I really think it is fine especially with the bit of blue on the other side of the bird to balance it out. Nice job!

Nice image of a wonderful bird. The blue doesn’t disturb me, and I wouldn’t really have noticed hadn’t you pointed it our in the first place :wink: … Wonderful and warm colors throughout the image ! Cheers, Hans