What is the best long-term storage of images?

Hi Jordon, it looks like you found your solution.
All the best,

Glad this topic came back to the surface, because I’ve had a question loom it’s head.

Any indication of storage life on SD cards?

I just finished shooting 121GB of images over 3 months for a book project and I’m concerned to have multiple backups in multiple locations. I checked in with one of my gurus, who strongly recommended I back up the files onto several SD cards for ease of mailing to myself as well as storage in safety deposit boxes we have at each end of our annual migration. Short term that suits me well, but I also have a tendency to let storage devices lay around for years.

Expense of the 128GB SD cards isn’t an issue, because in fact for the limited data it would be much more expensive to buy a small portable drive for each location. Small size is a distinct advantage both for transport and for shipping, too.

Hi Hank. I just did a quick search and this looked like the most sensible and well researched response I found on the question.

They’d certainly work for one year backup while you’re cycling between residences, but don’t sound like a really good long term solution.

Wonderful feedback and reference Dennis and many thanks. Just what I was looking for. NPN comes through again!