White Faced Capuchin

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Fun time in Tayrona National Park, Colombia when we were surrounded by these capuchins. We saw a few other types of monkeys in the park but none were this close.

Specific Feedback

I had to brighten the capuchin a bit because it was pretty dark. Did I go too far? Not enough? Any suggestions welcome

Technical Details

Nikon D810, 100-400 mm, ISO 1600, 1/2000 sec, f/6.3

Hi Glenn, :slight_smile:

I think it looks very good as presented! The face shows up well with plenty of detail.
The fingers and fingernails are well defined as well.

I like the intense, almost worried look on it’s face, maybe the nearly bare grape vine is a concern? :slight_smile: (I assume it’s some type of grape vine).
Capturing a Capuchin while it’s foraging seems rare, at least to me.

I really like the soft light coming through the canopy, it has the feel of deep forest in my view.

Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

Glenn, I like how you caught the tail too. I’d clone out the leaf pointing at its head. The bright diagonal branch could also go, but that would be a tricky operation. The brightness of the monkey is good to my eye, and the pose is excellent.

The brightness looks good and I really like the expressions!
I find the branch in front of face, quite disturbing and ideally wouldn’t cut the top arm in the middle.