Willow Warbler at dawn

This image was taken about a week ago - it was the last night with close-to-freezing temperatures and therefore chances of air puffs. This Willow Warbler was willing to sing, but the bird was much shyer than ‘my’ Bluethroat earlier this Spring. So, I quickly let go of the idea of close-up images and focused on bird-in-habitat shots instead. Sometimes you have to switch quickly to another plan. The whole scenery reminded me of my visits to the deserts of Arizona. But it just sand dune landscape some 15 minutes from my house. Maybe this is the ‘new traveling’? Thanks for any feedback and wishing all a very good weekend, Cheers, Hans

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Nikon D500 with 500mm | 1/1000s | f4 | ISO500 | overexposed 1FS | monopod

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Wonderful photo Hans. I really like the warm feeling of the entire image. And the little warbler has great detail and the way you’ve captured his breath in the air is outstanding. Very nicely done. Thanks for sharing.

Nice one Hans. You definitely captured the frosty morning and wonderful light. I like how the bg dunes slope left to right is matched by the bushes. I suppose a vertical crop would lose the expansive feeling in this one. Lovely colors.

Another well-done image with excellent color and environmental sense. Nice to get the open beak and a puff of smoke.

Lovely image, Hans. the breath puff is definitely what makes this image and positioning yourself to get the darker background for it was inspired.

1 Like

Just gorgeous, a special image. You’ve really mastered your environment there.

1 Like

What a beautiful and special moment you were able to capture! Great work

1 Like